Happy & Sad.

Sunday, March 29, 2009


I don't remember where I found this image, maybe Post Secret or maybe I Can Read blog, either way I was impressed when I saw it and came across it again while looking through some of my files today.

I have days where I feel happy and sad and I am just flat out confused about why that is and try and make sense of it all when there is really nothing to calculate. It just is what it is. There are also times when I have an unexplainable melancholy. My only conclusion about this feeling is that I miss heaven. Homesickness. I've always had a problem with it.

I feel that these words about being happy and sad parallel Kahlil Gibran's words from The Prophet about joy and sorrow. I have shared it before but you can never really get enough of this guy.


Oh life; what a beautiful rollercoaster ride you are.


Goodbye spring break...

4 Comments:

naptime nostalgia said...

Awesome post Aim.

Love every bit of it. Just what I needed to see this morning after a difficult night. Sometimes I swear you write your posts just for me.

MAB said...

Beautiful post Aimee.
I feel motherhood is much the same-- so full of both sorrow and joy, which are rarely mutually exclusive.

Shannon said...

Yes, agreed. Great Post.
Love Gibran.

melanie said...

You know the irony is that rollercoasters are fun. The up, the down, the twists, the unexpected. Even with eyes shut or eyes wide open, arms in the air or clenching the safety bar...it's fun. Yet, life's rollercoasters just aren't the same. My stomach drops, I get dizzy and it seems like I'm thinking it's shouldn't get more fun just because I know it will whip around another corner. Yet why do I put more quarters in? Why do I let myself get back on? I know it's going to be just that...a rollercoaster.

I want to hit up Starbucks with you and discuss more.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP