Oliver Jeffers

Friday, March 27, 2009




I believe that Oliver Jeffers is my new favorite child's book author/illustrator. It started when Shan blogged about and brought over The Incredible Book Eating Boy and I was crushing on the art contained within. Then tonight we went out with Meghan and Ryan and I read Owen's books he received from my in-laws for his big 1st birthday. (He shares even at the age of 1. He is very enlightened already.) Both books were Oliver Jeffers books. Both beautiful pieces of art. Don't forget to read his bio on the jacket covers either. Very witty.

I highly suggest adding all his books to your collection. I have dreams of my own room full of children's book. I love them. Meghan made a good point in wishing that adult books were illustrated. She is smart too. Like Owen. Yay for books.

5 Comments:

Shannon said...

hellooaaa what was the name of Owen's book?

I'll have to add it to the list.

yes, love him. the author and owen.

Brooke and Matt: said...

These pictures just make me happy to look at! They are so cute. It as fun seeing you guys last week

Kristin said...

Where oh where do you find these things...seriously! You are the finder of great and good things all over the galaxy. Thanks to your finds I can add them to my good finds collection. Thanks Aim.

naptime nostalgia said...

I love these books, and so do my kids. They giggle at the words and laugh at the thought of eating books.

I used to think buying books was a waste as you can check them out at the library for free, but now, I think they are an invaluable thing to have in a home. Especially wonderful ones like Oliver Jeffers.

Lisa said...

Thanks, I put these on hold at the library. I might have to buy!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP