Question of the Day
Thursday, May 28, 2009

I was running today at Greenlake in the middle of the afternoon on a Thursday and I looked around and wondered why there were so many people there? I'm not just talking a good handful. I mean A LOT of people.
Don't they have jobs?
Aren't they "normal people" with "obligations"?
Aren't they "normal people" with "obligations"?
How is the city functioning with so many people NOT at work but walking around in circles at Greenlake. I get the mom/dad with strollers obviously, but everyone else? I just don't get it. They can't all be students or working at a restaurant. Please someone help me understand. I know the unemployment rate is fairly high in Seattle but they can't all be soaking up the sun at the same park. I felt like stopping people and asking what their story was so I could get to the bottom of it, but alas, my inquiry will probably never be answered. Maybe it just adds to the mystery and magic of the park.
And can I get an amen for this amazing Seattle sunshine.
One more reason to vote for Washington here.
One more reason to vote for Washington here.


7 Comments:
When the weather is nice Darrin likes to take a personal day!! Maybe they were all taking a personal day!!
I want to know this too! I think a lot of people work from home or have alternate schedules. I sometimes dream of being one of them- able to get up at my leisure, exercise, do some work, work at a cafe, meet a friend for a long lunch, not have to put in a request for time off.
Ah to dream.
I know, like we already talked about, I wonder this same thing. And driving on the freeway I look at the people driving and wonder where they are going and what their stories are??...it's the sociologists in us. what makes you, you and me, me.
I totally wonder this same thing all the time! Doesn't make sense that there could really be that many people without jobs or with alternate work schedules. I also with Shannon about the freeway drivers - where is everyone going?!
It's my favorite thing about this city. When the sun comes out people drop whatever it is they are doing and go outside. If it's been raining for a while and a nice day comes, Paul's boss tells everyone to get out and enjoy it. I believe that those are working people who just decided to bag the duldrums of the office and take in a little vitamin D. Good Onya!
I've thought that myself. I agree with Sara -- that's what's great about this city. Stops cold when there's a lovely day... makes getting things done a bugger though :)
I work from home, so I get to sneak out when I feel like it to get an hour or so of sun! I just love your blog...sometimes, I think we have the same brain. I found you from my friend Erin Coffey's blog.
Post a Comment