Rose & the Bald-Headed Elephant
Monday, June 8, 2009
Children's book lovers, this post is for you.
I know many of you out there would be included in this category so listen up!

Our very artistic friend has been working on a set of children's book and we are very excited that we all will be able to have the first book in our very own hands this summer. His pen name is Wooley Cottswold which makes me swoon because I think pen names are so retro and mysterious like The Dr. Seuss himself. I read a draft of the book when it was in its very early stages and the whole story made me teary. It is a wonderful, uplifting children's story about loving who we are and seeing the best in others even when they might forget for a moment how to love themselves. The story transcends youth and leaves the adult reader with an 'ah-ha' moment of their very own. I promise you will fall in love with the characters and the underlying message of the book, not to mention the colorful illustrations.
This is a book worth adding to your collection.
So without further adieu let me introduce: Rose and the Bald-Headed Elephant
So here is the thing. I have come to find out that the publishing/distributing process is quite complicated for books. So in order to make my dreams come true of seeing this book all over my local bookstore, we ALL need to flood B&N with our pre-orders. If you have children, or grandchildren, or birthday gifts to give your son's whole preschool class order 5, 10, 20 books if you so desire. Because lets face it, there really isn't a better gift than a book. And a book with a great message to cuddle up to your kids with is money well spent. So go here and do you and your children a favor and meet Rose and her elephant friend.
If you happen to live in Utah there will be plenty of opporutnities to buy this book at local, independent bookstore in the area as there will be book signings and the like. I'm sure I will be posting information about that too. Who doesn't love a book signing?
Oh yes, and I forgot to mention that my favorite photographer in the world happened to take the authors bio pic. Very cool.
Read the official book synopsis below:
So, who hasn’t had a “bad hair day?” Or even perhaps a “NO hair day?” Amidst the angst of feeling small and less than everyone around us, we thank heavens for that irreplaceable friend who takes notice and reminds us of who we REALLY are... someone that’s loveable and unique with much to contribute to the world regardless of our “bald spots!”
Can Rose convince her dear friend how wonderful he is, JUST as he is? Or will he blast off to the moon, or keep wearing a paper bag over his head?
Let’s hope for the best.
Get yours HERE.


8 Comments:
I have an idea... have him send a copy to Marie LeBaron (nee' Holt of Skyline Eagle fame) at Make & Takes.com (www.makeandtakes.com).
She's always doing giveaways/reviews of children's books AND she's ALSO the editor of Blissfulkids.com... I think her make and takes website gets some ridiculous amount of daily hits -- like 3000 or something (seriously!)
Just a thought. (Oh and I am excited for Holden to add this to his collection too.)
Thanks for the recommendation Aimee.
ssm
SO thrilled for this! And, I cannot wait to see his pic that Scott took- awesome!
(Btw, Jeff and I were also dying over his pen-name... it's awesome AND classic!)
I love hearing about good childrens books. I will definatly be placing an order for this.
"Scott and I's" ??
Thanks, anonymous. Sometimes I just type and don't think but I appreciate the editing. You don't need to be afraid to show who you are. I never claim to be an editor so I don't get mad when people tell me I did something wrong.
Oooh, Mia LOVES elephants. Looks fabulous!
I am excited. Children's books are one of my favorite things about our world.
Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.
AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.
It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!
I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ibuxoxeh.builtfree.org/ewybysi.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to become rich
Post a Comment