Google Reader: The Way It Should Be Used

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Over at Sherbert Blossom there is a tutorial on how to read blogs via Google Reader in a way that allows you to actually be on the actual websites or "home base" of your favorite blogs and click through your unread messages!

You know I love Google Reader dearly for my daily fix on blogs but a complaint in using Reader was that you are less likely to comment and actually go to people's blog page which is a huge part of the personality/experience of reading a blog, right?

Well, today it is my new favorite internet trick. Again go here for the tutorial. It is super easy. If you are still not using Google Reader, well then, I just don't know what to do with you anymore.

When I went through all my unread post using this fancy new trick, this is the message I got:


Ok, I get it! :)

Oh yes, and did you see that this blog has finally been update?! It was a tough vote for me....

5 Comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for the tip. You are my go to person for all this kind of stuff.

Thanks.

Jason White said...

I second that Google Reader is good stuff. But have you discovered the sweet beautiful thing that is NetNewsWire. What is NetNewsWire? You ask, well, it is a beautifully written piece of software for Mac and PC that connects and syncs with Google Reader to give you a desktop exerience for reading blogs. This is a must for any big blog reader in my opinion and it is free. Newsgator.com, then browse to RSS readers. It's truly good stuff. All the great goodness that is Google Reader in a user friendly App.

MAB said...

Wow- this whole friggin time I thought I was using Google Reader and I was really only using my iGoogle homepage?!?! I'm a complete loser. Can we still even be friends?

Cassie said...

Thank you thank you thank you. I have taken every bit of your google related advice so keep it coming. This is so awesome because yeah I was basically done commenting. Now I can again with ease.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP