Protect Insurance Executives
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
I'm sorry. I just couldn't not share it.
And I love double negatives.
I'm sorry. I just couldn't not share it.
And I love double negatives.
© Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008
Back to TOP
8 Comments:
So funny!
Good golly, I love this! Thanks for sharing!
Love it. Thanks.
My husband has worked for in healthcare insurance for 10 years..and he said RIGHT ON! So funny and so abhorantly true.
Completely el oh elling. Whoever is behind the curtain on this one is brilliant...nice find Aim.
This is funny. I agree that insurance companies share some of the blame for our high costs of health care. However, that doesn't mean a public option will fix the problem. It's just another "insurance company" aka poorly run government bureaucracy running the show. They haven't run anything right, why would health care be any different?In fact, medicare/medicaid is going bankrupt soon and look how that's limited options for those on it. Nah, a public option would be disastrous...definitely not worth the cost. Especially when it would force people into having coverage when they are choosing not to like I did for many years.
What I really think would help is revamping how we think of health insurance. It should be insurance against big medical issues, like what your mom is going through. It should not be used to pay for office visits or little check ups. If we paid for our health care up front at the time of service, the cost would decrease dramatically.
Case in point, right before one of my pregnancies we were switching insurance companies. I got pregnant a month later. Well, my unborn child was "pre-existing" because apparently I was supposed to be on the plan 3 months before I got pregnant. Anyway, a pre-natal ultrasound costs anywhere between $800-$1100 if insurance is billed. Insurance companies (2 different ones that we've had) have paid around $600.
Well, with my pre-existing condition pregnancy I ended up paying cash. At the time of service. The price? $150. "Is that all m'am? I'll take two." I couldn't believe how much they had to bill to get the companies to pay. And in reality, if you cut out all of the billing specialists and the insurance companies for small bills, the costs would go way down.
I should say also that this ultrasound was done in a radiology center NOT at the hospital. If it'd been at the hospital, I would've had a hospital room rental bill, the technician bill, the radiologist who reads the ultrasound bill and an equipment rental bill. Hospitals are right up there with insurance companies exacerbating the problem...as are enormous settlements in law suits.
Don't even get me started on the cost of dying in Washington. Don't get me wrong, I would've paid anything for Evan to have made it out of the ER alive, but some of the bills just made me mad. One was from a pediatrician who came in for 10 minutes or less just to tell us things didn't look good. I didn't even know what she was saying to us. We get through hard times and we weren't giving up. She was actually the only terrible part of the hospital staff. Her bill? Over $400. That's a pretty big chunk of change for 10 minutes of watching the doctor in charge get the team working smoothly and efficiently.
Did you know that there is a burial tax? And a tax on coffins, burial plots, opening/closing a grave, head stones, etc. It starts adding up quickly and fuels my distrust of the government.
Maybe this is way more dialog than you wanted out of your post. But I know how much you love comments :o). Thank you also for your thoughts and prayers for our family. It means a lot to me.
I miss you to! Call me when you get a chance. I love you
just got to this today...so funny! thanks for sharing, aimee.
Post a Comment