A Heavenly Celluar Vortex

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The cell phone coverage in our new house is about as good as going into a deep, dark tunnel made of thick, heavy steal and trying to connect to the world. The radio even fuzzed out while driving into our neighborhood today. Welcome to the vortex that is our new residents.

So of course Google has the answer for me. Remember how I told you I was getting a Google number? Well, now this is when it really counts. Cell phone doesn't work? No problem. Just start having the dear ones call your Google number. Then you go into the settings in your Google voice account.... beep beep beep boop bop (those were computer noises if you didn't catch that)... and change the numbers in your settings so it rings your land line and cell phone and you got yourself a solution for when you are in the vortex. Worried about making long distance calls. No worries! You can dial any number and have it ring to any phone of your choosing without those long distance charges. Forgot the phone number? No worries! All your gmail contacts are in sync with your Google voice so it is just once click and you are calling.

Oh Google, you just know everything don't you!

This is the only semi-negative item about living in our new place because WE ARE IN HEAVEN. Spoiled rotten in fact. Everything from the cushy king sized bed to the beautiful kitchen sink to the pool table and arcade to the sports court reminds me daily that I am living in luxury and must enjoy every second. You know when things are finally settling down in your life and everything seems to be falling into place perfectly and this little voice in the back of your head tells you that something horrible must be waiting around the corner. Well, I had that thought for one second today and I told it to go sit in the corner and think about what kind of awful things it was saying to me. Then I honed everything Oprah had taught me about The Secret and Echart Tollie and thought about what Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz would say, took a deep breath, smiled... and went on my merry way.

So excuse me, now I must go see if that million dollar check I had told the Universe to bring me is waiting in my post box.

Google Voice, everyone. Google Voice.

9 Comments:

Dull Scissors said...

"Oh Google, you just know everything don't you!"

That is the ONE thing that scares the bejezus out of me with Google. I love 'em, too, but they DO know everything. About you. And me. And your neighbors. And every person who could conceivably connect you TO me. In fact, you could probably find out WAY more information about me than I'd care for you to know with surprisingly little effort.

I know their motto has always been "Don't Be Evil," but their business model can ENABLE evil.

Shudder....

Sara said...

If anyone deserves to be spoiled rotten it's you guys. It's just God smiling at you for all the good you bring to other people. Enjoy it! And we'd love to see the new diggs sometime. I'll bring something yummy!

MAB said...

Pool table? Arcade? I gotta see this place.

Hope the Universe came through with that check. While you're channeling the Big U, can you check into that job in Cancun we've been waiting for...

:)

Shannon said...

loved that you honed in Oprah, Dr. Oz and all The Secret stuff to send good energy your way. ha!

You do deserve it.

Lisa said...

Watch out for those sweat lodges with The Secret!

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

I heart you-
and the secret
and my yoga teacher hearts Echart Tollie
and everyone but MSN hearts Google.

The End.

Stacie said...

Aim, I had to laugh thinking of course Aimee would figure out the google number and the best possible way for technology to be on her side! So opposite of me. I would have just figured I had to lose communication with the world and been really dramatic about that! and will you post pics of this great new home of yours? Just want to picture it. or your neighborhood or something?

Maybe things will just be easy for a while? Wouldn't that me great?

Tiffany said...

I knew Dr. Oz was behind this! And I'm going to bookmark this post, because I like to wait about two or three years before taking up a trend.

LSL said...

Will you talk to me about the beep beep beep boop bop part at Sizzle's on Friday? I want to figure this out, but I'm a little slow :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP