Hooked

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is recently consuming most of my idle thoughts. Anyone out there understand what I am talking about? For a book about a country sending kids off to kill each other, I am surprised by how fiercely I am enjoying this story.

If you are looking for a fun young adult read you might want to join the club and start reading. Let me know what ya'll think.

8 Comments:

Jo said...

I just started the second one!!!

alisha said...

I've heard so much about this book - it keeps getting moved up on my To Read list the more I hear people rave about it.

LAINA said...

Is this based off of Battle Royal?

That is a book I read years ago, never finished because it was so very violent. But it was about sending kids to an island where they would all get a different weapon and then go about killing one another.

Is that sort of the plot of these?
Maybe they are just a little less gruesome than battle royal which was originally japanese and translated into english, if I remember correctly.

Kaylene said...

weird. i am reading this book right now too. really weird.

teage-and-erin said...

Woohoo!!!! Another Hunger Games reader!!!! Just wait unti you start the next one....hooked!

Lizz said...

I really liked it. Can't say I loved it, but I was hooked for sure. I think I liked it better before I read the second one... not really sure why that is.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP