They Are Having Fun With Us!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
The bi-annual Chipman-Heffernan Seattle trip never disappoints. They have managed to come up 5 times since the Fall of 2007 when we moved here. It must mean they love us more than any other friends since they come so often. This past weekend was again a riot and we were thrilled to have the Darby's join the fun this time too.
Some highlights you ask?...
Hello, Pikes.
One can't visit Pike's without purchases their mouth-watering champagne mangos.
They are the best I've tasted in America. They peel them like a banana. Yum.
Emily and I did most the damage.
Can this one get any cuter? I love her guts. Maybe I should starting making one of my own.
We finished off the Thursday night with sushi and some good catching up.
Jamison really hung in there with the sushi.
He swallowed them down even though it was so painful for him.
Friday was full of wild adventure.
We were hopeful that we had found the perfect small town diner when we approached a restaurant looking like this...
But second guessed ourselves when we walked in seeing this...
Perhaps we had entered the Twilight Zone?
The wait staff matched the decor.
The wait staff matched the decor.
My eyes started to hurt after a few minutes of looking at everything.
Christmas decor, American flags, and dollar bills covered nearly every surface possible and freedom fries were officially on the menu.
An extreme right-wingers diner come true.
Was it a dream? Oh no.
Was it a dream? Oh no.
Much to our surprise the building was still standing when we drove by it on our way home.
We thought we might have entered a portal into another world for a moment.
The restaurant will remain nameless on my blog but you can find reviews here.
The restaurant will remain nameless on my blog but you can find reviews here.
Next adventure was the Olympic Wild Game Farm. WOWZA.
Scott and I had been meaning to make the trip over there since Rik and Eva gave us the tip.
What a riot! I highly recommend making it a daytrip.
Pictures and video don't really do justice to the experience but you can have a sneak peek.
Pictures and video don't really do justice to the experience but you can have a sneak peek.
Hello, Mr. Peacock.
Hello, Boris. Do you want some bread?
Zebras, lamas,....
persistent reindeer and...
Bears... OH MY!
What you lookin' at?
Who wants a kiss?
Scotty wants a kiss...a french kiss that is...
Yuuuuuckk!!!!!
And to completely embarrass myself you can watch this live action play-by-play with my annoying voice as narrator... I call I am NOT on video duty next time!
But it was true. They were having fun with us.
Who would've thought I would have had so much fun with animals?
You must go, people!
Saturday was spent at the hair salon with Emily and my family while Scott took the troops to more sites around town.
They saw a fish at the Locks. Here it is.

And the troll of course.
Chase has the prettiest face.
And then went to some parks.
Oh yes, and I chopped my hair off.
Hair is meant to do drastic things with it. It keeps you young.
Other good things happened too but I imagine you are sick of me by now.
Just know we laughed a lot, worked the men in a board game and then they came back and snaked it from us in the end (we KNOW they cheated), learned some new, incredible skills from Emily, and ate at a less freaky breakfast place called Pete's Eggnest. Yum.
If you didn't get enough you can get further recap here and here.
If you didn't get enough you can get further recap here and here.
Good times.
As you might remember, great couples friends are hard to find.
We are lucky we got 2 of them this weekend.
Isn't it about time you visited too?





















18 Comments:
oh man, i wish we could have been there. sounds like you had an AMAZING time. we miss you!
It 5:30 in the morning and Jamison is fast asleep beside me and yet I couldn't resist watching the video again. It makes me laugh out loud every time.
We had so much fun!!!! We definatly want to come again.
Team k forever!!!!
YOUR HAIR LOOKS AWESOME!
No, seriously. I love it. It's fantastic. Way to rock it.
That tongue coming into the car picture kind of freaks me out! Reminds me of a date I had a few weeks ago.
;-)
Looks like a great time, it is about time that we visit!!
LOVE the hair!! We need to go to the animal park, my kids would love it!!
I literally gasped when I saw your hair. It looks AWESOME. I am immediately jealous and plan on calling my stylist.
Also. . . .did I see PEE in that urinal?!?! Way to flush, boys!
My dad and step-mom are coming for Christmas and that Wild Game farm looks fun. Thanks for the tip!
Aimee!!! I love the hair! It is so cathartic to chop it off!! It looks beautiful. It looks like you had so much fun! I hope I can make it up there soon, I miss Seattle and you and Scottie!
They are having fun with us!!!!! I can't stop it makes me laugh just writing it.
Devin came out to me Sunday night about their cheating. Lets face it they just couldn't stand the thought of their smart, witty, wonderful wives kicking their trash at something. So grown men have to resort to cheating. So funny!
Do you think that a 6 time could happen? I do!
The video is so funny!!
You really know how to pile on the guilt. If we had any money we would come all the time:(
We should definitely take Amira and Cleo to the Game Park they would love it.
Glad you guys had a wonderful time, wish we could have been there!
Yes, I think it is about time!!!
Great post and grrrreat hair!
We went to that same game park a few years ago and my face muscles hurt for days from laughing so hard. I have that exact same picture of a buffalo's tongue too. And was your car covered in animal slime after wards? Ours too!
LOVE the haircut as well! You've inspired me to be drastic- someday, soon, I promise.
RAD HAIR!
What a great cut!!
You guys have to much fun. Some of our best friends live in other states. It can be rough. You are lucky to have so many visits!
Aimee,
Love the hair, love the park, love the great pictures, love the commentary, and I really can't believe that you were that close to a buffalo and he didn't pommel you!!! In Yellowstone they always warn you to not get close, but it looks like he just wanted a kiss!
LOVE THE HAIR!!!
I was scrolling down looking at all the pictures when WHAM-- is that THE burger joint? THE burger joint aka where we locked our keys out of the car and it took 1 hour for some locksmith from Port Townsend to come and help.
LOVE that hair.
I refuse to comment!
Love love love the hair!
Post a Comment