An Etsy Christmas
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Happy Boxing Day, friends. The holiday was indeed merry and bright for The {insert my last name}'s. I hope it was filled with lots of love for you too.
I have a few deeper thoughts I've been meaning to share but I am watching a movie with Scott and you know I would end up having way to many typos to feel like I could publish it without feeling deep blogging shame. So I will spare you all - especially my grammar-lovin' cousin (is that hyphenated?) - and share my 2009 Etsy Christmas presents extravaganza.
I've been trying to buy as much as possible from Etsy because I love to support artists and handmade products. Plus there are incredibly unique, one-of-a-kind treasures to be had on that lovely site. So without further ado...
Present Given #1: Typewriter Key Necklaces for the Campbell nieces from The Empty Nest. The ones I purchased were actually an antique yellow color, fairly rare and had their initials on it of course. I thought it would be fun since these girls always want to wear my jewelry when we are together.
Present Given #2: Organic Tee w/ Vintage Camera Screen Print for Scotty Boy from Vital. This went along with the Photojojo book that never ended up coming from an Amazon seller. Ugh. Hate that. I had a theme going but it didn't quite deliver they way I expected. I was still happy with the shirt though.
Present Received #1: Penny Farthing Locket from Scott for moi from irenesuchockis. I love it. Plan on putting one of our wedding pictures on the empty side. He did good. I had this on my etsy favorites for a long time but thought it was sold out. I'll probably wear it everyday so you can plan on seeing it in person someday soon. There is something very romantic and mysterious about lockets. I've always wanted one. Now I have one for my very own!
Present received #2: Briefcase in Wintergreen Distressed Genuine Leather from my favorite, most generous boss made by the amazing artist at jennyndesign. With how much I am attached to my computer on a daily basis I end up finding myself carrying way to many bags. This lovely piece of perfection solves that problem as it fits my mac perfectly and allows room for all the other essentials. If classy had a smell this would be it. I could cuddle up with it at night and have the smell put me to sleep. It was a fun, fun, fun surprise to get in the mail. I still can't believe it is handmade. It looks and feels so soft and wonderful. Lots of great leather bags in her shop if you are in the market for a new one. Thank you again, Julie!
So there you have it. I've had a lot of people say to me they have a hard time weeding through Etsy with all the options on there. I would say subscribe to the daily email. It is easy to quickly scroll though and click on stuff you like and add it to your favorites for future reference or just delete it if you don't have time. Go to the homepage and on the bottom left there is a field to add your email if you so desire.






11 Comments:
Love them! I too gave gifts from Etsy this year to my friends, necklaces that were made out of Scrabble pieces. I knew we were kindred spirits of sorts! :) Glad to hear you had a fabulous holiday. Mine was as well.
I LOVE the locket. May have to drop a few
hints to Jamison about that one for my bday.
Such a good idea to give gifts from etsy!!!
love all the etsy gifts given and received!
no kidding julie is a generous boss, when can i start working for her? :)
I loved all the goods. I especially like the locket from Scott because it seems like something that you will keep for a long time. Also, the purse from Julie is of course so beautiful. I'm off to find a diaper and wipes case!
That is a beautiful bag! I love Etsy and got a lot of my holiday shopping done there. Glad you guys had a nice Christmas :)
I have a locket given to me by an ex (who is still a very dear friend). It is one of my best gifts ever! And I also have a typewriter key necklace though I no longer wear it as it is the letter of the person who gave to me who is no longer in my life (another ex).
I did not mean for this comment to be about my exes. HA. Great gifts! I heart Etsy.
That bag is so beautiful! I love the smell of leather too.
camiguin
Love hearing about new Ety finds - the typewriter key necklace is my fave...I just may have to get one.
That leather bag is GORGEOUS!
Yep, it's hyphenated. And it's "Without further ado," as in, "Much ADO About Nothing." Those gifts are seriously the best!!!
You mentioned my shop! :) I'm glad you love the briefcase. My entire studio smells like leather. I lurrrrve it.
By the way, to care for it, there's an array of great products out there for waterproofing your bag. Search for "leather water protector" and you'll be able to find some in your area. Read the reviews! I've heard some great things about Apple brand. I use Lexol conditioner (for dry places, though, to keep leather from getting brittle) and I couldn't find a water repellent product. :(
Post a Comment