A Tadpole, Of Course!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Today I was taking this little boy to his art class in Madison Valley. Let's call him Art School Boy.
Me: "What furry thing?"
Art School Boy: "The white furry thing underneath your seat."
Me: Trying to reach around the back of my seat from both sides... "I can't reach it."
ASB: "You're close. Just a little bit over. Almost there..."
Me: Short arms still unable to reach it. "Lets wait until a traffic light and then I'll get it."
Approaching stop light...
Me: "I still can't reach it."
ASB: "Let ME get it."
Me: "No it isn't safe."
ASB: "I'll be really, really fast. I reallllllly want it."
Me: "Ok, just hurry." (I am a bad, bad art school driver)
ASB: Reaches down and pulls out our white elephant gift from the friend Christmas party that had managed to nest itself mysteriously behind the driver seat. Exhibit A...
Me: (In my head) "Oh shoooooot."
ASB: "What is this?"
Me: "Ahhhh... it's a tadpole. Yeah, a tadpole."
ASB: "Oh yes! A tadpole, of course. These are little fish that swim in the sea," he states informatively.
ASB: Happily swims the tadpole/sperm all around the backseat.
The rest of the car ride was spent trying to 1) convince me why he needed to take it to art class with him and borrow it for "just one night" and 2) letting me know that it was a girl because it had a bow. Lovely.
SWIM, SWIM, SWIM
I sent him away to art class sans the sperm and said a little prayer
that he isn't traumatized when he figures it all out someday.




12 Comments:
love it!
did you tell his mom all about it :)
Oh, that is pure awesomeness.
What a hilarious story! I hope he isn't damaged for life.
Great story.
Ahhhhhahahahahaha
Hilarious! I have the Epstein Barr microbe stuffed toy.
Too funny! Oh the innocence of children!
You have to print this up for Julie so she has it forever! Such a perfect Ollie story:) Next get together is pizza night for sure.
So funny! By the way...I'm with Coco!
Hilarious!!
ha ha ha...he won't even remember it unless he sees it again...then you're in trouble.
When a kid gets something into his head, he won't leave it alone! Funny for sure!
Post a Comment