Are You Cussing With Me?

Monday, February 1, 2010

 

Didn't you love in Fantastic Mr. Fox how they would always say the word "cuss" instead of actually cussing. I've decided to incorporate it into my vocabulary even though I am not a fox, nor do I exist in an animated world, nor do I live in a tree (although living in a tree would be fun). It was a delightful movie on many levels, indeed. 

So February and I have notoriously hated each other. It has nothing to do with Valentine's Day but mostly due to the fact that we just don't like each other. Annually, sad things happen in the month that makes me cranky. I get emotional. Often sick. Moody. Tired of winter. Gloomy. It is supposed to be the quickest month, yet if feels the loooooongest of all the months in the year. Spring seems like it will never show its lovely face. Maybe I have Seasonal Affective Disorder that flares up in February. Emotional allergies, perhaps?

I am hoping to break the curse so I don't have to cuss all month. Although I wouldn't actually cuss I would just say the word cuss, obviously. Keep your fingers crossed that me and Feb can end the vicious cycle of hatred.

Make your own candy heart here found via No Biggie. Naughty hearts are encouraged.

* Please note that there are many loved ones with February birthday which has nothing to do my aversion to the month. I love them all dearly. Those people are the only things redeeming the month for me.

10 Comments:

Tiffany said...

What the cuss? I loved that too! I share your feelings, even though this is my birthday month.

Blecht, February. Blecht.

MAB said...

I love that. I'm definitely going to have to see Fantastic Mr. Fox.

I hope something wonderful happens to turn your February completely upside down.

Is it bad that I have all the classic SAD sypmtoms? Oversleeping, craving carbohydrates, difficulty completing tasks...I thought those were just part of the whole mother of toddlers thing. What the cuss.

naptime nostalgia said...

Well, they way I look at it, at least it's still not January.

Lisa said...

I love what the cuss!

Okay, I think you should give February another chance. I mean you live in Seattle, so start noticing that little pink buds are beginning to form on the trees in yes, February. It really is not so bad here! This year looks like it is going to be especially warm as well, so give it a chance. A kind brother-in-law pointed this out to me when I was in the February slumps, and it is amazing how my perspective changed.

bjahlstrom said...

Huh, I crave carbs, oversleep, and have difficulty completing tasks ALL THE TIME! What the cuss?

Shannon said...

What the cuss! I love Feb. Maybe it has to do with two b-day's. But I do love to look forward to V-day -- even though I do have mixed feeling on V-day -- maybe it's more this year though with Parker pre-school valentines -- it will be fun to prepare!

And this Feb is going to be gorgeous! I think.

Anyway, I do know what you mean about wanting Spring here, but these last few weeks in Seattle have felt like spring so what the cuss!

Sara said...

I agree with naptime nostalgia. I very much would like to kick January to the cussing curb. Blah.

(off the subject... I recently saw a Bollywood flick in subtitles and it used "fish" as a cuss word. I'd be reading the subtitles and up comes, "what the fish!".)

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Feb is taking forever this year and it is only the 2nd!!!!! I'm in trouble! I love what Nostalgia said...atleast isn't not January!

Lisa H. said...

february should be hated. it's the worst month. the only way it would not be horrible is if we could all take a tropical vacation during it. not happening. [cuss] that.

LSL said...

Cuss! I lost your feed in my reader! I was so careful, too. Well, I'm back now. And you have a new nephew. How wonderful :)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP