Oscars Oh-Niner

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Overall, I thought the Oscars were a little boring this year. Good thing we had some fun company over to keep me laughing. This folder of Oscar dresses has been sitting on my desktop for over a week and half now and I was about to trash it but then thought, "ahh, why not?" So here are a few of my harsh honest thoughts on the dresses this year. I figure it is better late than never. Sorry to be soooo last week.

Hello, Charlize. 
I think you are beautiful but all I can look at in this dress is your rosey breasts. 
And did you tivo yourself when you made the schpell about that one nominated movie because 
all we could look at were, yep, your boobies with the light shining brightly on those lovely flowers.
I think that is what you were going for. What do I know?
I'm sure it got the men's attention.

Cam, Cam. If you are wearing a dress as dynamite as this one 
put your hair up for heaven's sake or do the fancy, messy side bun 
or something that gives this this dress a do that it deserves.
We'll expect more from you next year.

Tina, Tina, Tina. 
We all know you aren't as awkward as Liz Lemon in real life.
What happened? Not my favorite choice for you. 
Great bit with Downey Jr. though.
I imagine you saw what they had written for you and rewrote it to actually be entertaining.
Could you just write the whole thing next year?
Bad dress but we still love you and always will of course.

Sandy, I have such mixed feelings about your acting but nice job nailing the Hollywood Glam for your big night! 
No complaints. You look hot. 
Your cheatin' man (or should I say Vanilla Gorilla...oiieee) doesn't deserve you 
but I imagine that it's more complicated than that.
Oh love; how tricky you can be.

Don't even get me started on this one. 
Bella, you are NOT a vampire in real life. I repeat. NOT A VAMPIRE.
This mysterious, aloof, non-smiling act you play - even when you are just presenting or standing on red carpet - 
makes me want to lasso you off Edwards back when you are flying him and throw you to the ground.
Your awkwardness pains me to watch. Paaaiiiinnnnnnsssss mmmmmmeeeee.

Why are you here? I don't get it? Are either of you in movies? Write movies? Huh.

Nice job being spicy, Maggie. I dig the bold color when everyone else was doing the subtle nudes this year.

Demi, do you never age like Richard Alpert from Lost? 
You look so freaking hot it is almost creepy.
And while I am in this somewhat judgmental celebrity mood I might as well also rant about the lip jobs. I don't like them. Not one bit. It changes their faces and they become someone different to me and it makes me sad for them. Please see the two examples below. I like their old faces better.



Courtney, your lips look voluptuous they also look fake and not part of your face. I'm sorry to break it to you.  

I can't even watch Cougar Town without be totally distracted with her lips. And not surprisingly, the whole storyline is crap. It was on tonight in the background and Scott feel asleep and the remote was soooooo far away from my comfortable position on the couch so it unfortunatly had to be watched. There was one part that was so bad that I almost got up to get the remote. Almost. How does this stuff get made and put on public television? Ppppppaaaaaaiiiiiinsss Meeeeee. 

I am so dramatic tonight. Time for bed. Night Night.

Oh wait. One more thing. Sometimes there is just nothing better in the world than the high fructose corn syrup in a late night bowl of Frosted Flakes.Take that, all you Michael Pollan freaks. I like Frosted Flakes every once in a while. So sue me.

And the last thing. This meaner side of me only comes out on occasion. I prefer to keep her caged because its not the prettiest version of myself. But every once in awhile is fun, no?

16 Comments:

Tiffany said...

This made me laugh really hard. I echo so many of your sentiments!

Sizzle said...

Hysterical. Totally agree with your assessments. What is UP with Demi? I want to know her secret!

Fake lips freak me out.

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Dido to EVERYTHING you said! Double dido to Kirstin Stewart part! Kills me!

Stacie said...

I love this post. It reminds me of when we used to swoon over the US WEEKLY. aahhhh, I miss that. Not in the budget these days :-)

Brooke said...

I can't wait to come up there and be judgmental with you in a few short weeks (ok, a month). And I missed you during the Oscars. Just sayin'.

LAINA said...

so where to begin...

Demi is hot. I agree with you on that one. I think we wish we could all age like Demi does, and I loved her dress.

I on the other hand, was not fond of Sandra's dress. I felt like it look too much like an ice skating outfit on top. Oh well.

As of lips, yes all natural is always better. I have never seen a good lip job.

And Cougar Town. By far the worst thing on TV. I don't know how it is even on TV, it has the worst writing, acting, plot.....EVER! And it comes on after Modern Family which is such a wonderful show. Then after it is Ugly Betty which I love. So I guess it gives me a half an hour to turn the TV of and get some things done.

bjahlstrom said...

Yes, yes! Every once in awhile is fun!!!

Bridget said...

Did you see Bella with Reegis and Kelly? She talks about going to the Oscars. I can't find the one I watched, but here is one that shows it(lousy quality). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ1sY9E1oDw

It's so painful to watch her and to know that she's not acting when she plays Bella. That's just her.

Eva said...

Agreed on Kristen Stewart. I just saw her talk for the first time yesterday. I was poking around on Hulu and came up with her interview on Leno (I know, can you believe I watched a segment of Leno! What a traitor I am!). The MOST painful interview I have ever seen. Especially the end. But for the first time it made me realize, that maybe she's not putting on a shy awkward "I don't care, screw you all" act. I think she is just honestly not comfortable in her own skin with all this fame, and then I went from rolling my eyes annoyed to feeling really bad for her. You should watch it if you haven't. Poor girl.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/134060/the-tonight-show-with-jay-leno-kristen-stewart-part-1

MAB said...

Spot on. You definitely should moonlight as an awards show fashion critic.

Thanks for the much needed laugh this morning (at the expense of wealthy, famous people we don't know-- yes, being jerks can be such fun sometimes!) :)

jamie said...

Whilst watching You've Got Mail, I thought to myself "what happened to Meg Ryan. She is so cute in this movie, and now she looks awful. No wonder she isn't in any movies anymore."
Agree with the Oscar observations.
I wish I was a Micheal Pollan freak and ate really healthy. But really...I'm just not.

Lisa said...

Loved your assessment and all the comments to follow. Demi is hot Kristen is not!

Camiguin Piper Foster said...

I keep scrolling up to Demi again...and again. Wow, she looks younger then me. Missed the orcars so thanks for the update on the important stuff!

Sunshine Promises said...

I love you, Aim. You are so freakin' funny. I totally agree with you on Sandra and Demi. Fabulous. Especially love the color of Demi's dress. And the awkwardness of Vampire girl? What the freakin' heck!?! Can we grow up and actually be assertive for once in our lives? I mean, my heck!!!

You rock.

Sara said...

Aim...

I love this side of you... bring it on! My favorite was the reference to the "Michael Pollan" freaks. I do very much get annoyed with parents around here being such sugaphobs.. or highfructosaphobs. I mean come on, is it that big of a deal? Aren't we supposed to enjoy a few things around here... like a good cadbury mini egg... or a spoonful of raw cookie dough... or a bowlful of cookie crisp cereal? I think yes!

Sara said...

P.S.- hope the pregnancy is going well. Miss seeing your smiling face! GNO sometime?

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP