The Nesting Begins

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Can you guess what we've been up to?



Yep, moving out of the cushy house in a couple weeks here. {tear} I have been asking myself as we looked and looked for a new place:

Is it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?

Still not sure how to answer that yet. {sigh} We had a pretty sweet gig here.

The new kitchen and closets will initially hurt my heart but eventually we will become friends. We're very excited about our new place. A summer canoe ride will be just a few steps away. This will ease the pain a bit, I'm sure. And I am looking forward to having my own place again. No guilt when the owners come over and the laundry is on the floor and the dishes aren't done.

We'll have you over once the nesting is finished. We have lots to catch up on since I have been such a blog slacker this year. 

You still love me though, right? 

Heff-a-lump alien-like ultrasound pix to come if I get my act in gear. We hope that our baby gets a bit more photogenic as it develops. As of now I can tell you that my baby has the profile of the Falkor from Never Ending Story. I'll blame Scott's genes if it comes out looking like that :)

And no, we didn't peek when the tech told us to close our eyes while she checked the sex. Hard to do but we stayed committed... or at least I did. Scott?! (It would kill me if he peeked and knew but wasn't telling me!)

5 Comments:

Tiffany said...

First of all, that video is so cool. Secondly, hurry up and move and nest--I MISS YOU(R BLOG!)!

P.S. I always thought that dragon was so pretty.

naptime nostalgia said...

Love the vid. So glad you've found a new place to call home! Missed your blog alot, but totally get it. Hope you're feeling good, and all is going well with little Heff-a-lump!

Bridget said...

Those ultra sounds are a little crazy. It takes a moment to adjust your eyes to what you're looking at in them. So even if Scott did peek and "knows", he probably doesn't.

bjahlstrom said...

When you mentioned the canoe ride, I remembered the time I came to visit and you took me on a boat all around the Sound. Heaven. I really need to be in Seattle again. It's been years!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP