Belly

Friday, July 30, 2010



Tomorrow marks the beginning of my 35th week of pregnancy. Goodness, it take a long time to cook a baby.  I found out we were prego right after Christmas and here we are at the end of July?! That is a whole winter, spring, and summer. Yet at the same time I am sort of freaking out thinking that in 5-7 weeks I have to be responsible for a little human. How is it already August?!

Yikes. 
I am still a kid.

As the belly stretches I wonder how my short torso is going to hold any more. I was hoping to avoid the stretch marks and be counted among the blessed women of the world. But I haven't been so lucky and these lines will be my entrance into the other set of women with stripes on their bellies. (Hoping it is nothing similar to the star belly sneetches club!)

People ask me if I mind them touching my belly. I know everyone feels differently about this issue but I believe that for people I love and that love me and will hopefully love my baby too, touching my belly is a sacred act Little Heff and I receive during pregnancy. There is something healing and powerful about human touch and although no one can hold the baby now, them laying their hands as close as they can to my baby is just the beginning of positive touch this little one is going to get in his or her life.

So when you see me, feel free to give us a nice rub down.
We'll take it as a compliment. 

8 Comments:

melanie said...

Wishing I was there to give Baby Heff a little love!!! Cheers to the 35 week mark.

Eva said...

Eek! It's SO soon! So so exciting!!! Can't wait to hold that little one in person. In the meantime, if you need any help getting ready for the baby, I'm your gal. I'm happy to come over and help organize, set up stuff in the baby's room etc.

*Eva

Sara said...

I wish I could see you and give you a belly rub! Hopefully soon?

Good luck! You and Scott will make such wonderful parents. Love ya!

Jeni Angel said...

Oh my! It's that close?! I love that picture. I can't wait to see what's next!

LAINA said...

Getting close, and that belly is looking pregnant, just as it should. I love pregnant bellies. To think a whole little life is living and growing inside never fails to amaze me. I hope you and baby are feeling well.

LSL said...

I wish I could give you a little belly rub :) Sending lots of long-distance good vibes.

Bridget said...

Awesome. I'm sending you some warm belly rubs.

Sizzle said...

Awesome shot!

Hoping to give your belly a rub on Friday. :-)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP