I have no shame about using a binky. Any mom tricks on how to get a baby to take it when baby seems to not want it and gives me an evil, pissed off baby look for just trying?
I refuse to be a human pacifier and I am afraid I am starting to feel that way.
Moo.
© Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008
Back to TOP
13 Comments:
Buy one of every kind until you find one that works. If you keep being the human pacifier he's going to continue to hold out for you to give in. Whatever the cost of passeys, so so so worth it for them to learn to soothe themselves.
I think it's a gene. None of my kids would take the pacifier without me forcing it in place. None of them enjoyed it. I tried everything.
Sorry. I hope your case is different!
I don't have any mom-trick on using, though I think my mom (back in the 70s of course) used a tiny bit of sugar to get us to take it. Probably not the healthiest way to start your child's diet...
(On a side note: My mom and I were just talking about "binkies" the other day. We called it a "plug" in our house - that's what I called it as a toddler. And I thought that's what everyone called it, until people looked at me like I was crazy when as an adult I called it a "plug".)
At any rate, I will have no shame in using a plug, either. I hope you find something that works! :)
Hobbes never took one. Some babies just refuse. I was a human pacifier for awhile. I am hoping my next baby love the binky. Good luck!
try the green one that they have in the hospital, it has the finger hole, also as soon as he is done eating stick it in his mouth-we did this with Ryan and it worked a lot!! He still nursed every 2 hours but at least I had a little break!!
you've seen me do this, but just a reminder tap tap tap the "mute button" part of the binki. another tip (that I just talked to you and it worked) is the moving it around until he sucks sucks sucks.
he's getting it, practice makes perfect :)
My friend Rachel has been using a pacifier and her husband and her just discovered a secret stash of them between the crib and wall. Her 4 month old has been stashing them! So funny.
I'm sorry, I know this may be a moment of desperation, but it made me smile :)
Aimee, I totally agree with Shannon on the "tap-tap-tappy" thing. Jenna used that trick on April, even when she was screaming, and it worked like a charm. Sometimes she smacked the mute button pretty hard, but for some reason, it soothed her, and she took the binky/paci/plug/muter!
More pictures, please!
Sounds like good advice from these young mothers. My kids never took them. They liked their thumbs. I kept Orthodontists in business in later years.
No comment
Me lovey the "FI" as is was so called in our house, or I should say by Noah.
It has kind of stunk as he has gotten older as far as the dentist, but it was heaven on earth when I could pop that bad boy in and he zipped it! (please dont think less of me!) :)
Go for the sugar. You only have to do at once or twice. Then he'll love the paci and you're free ;)
Post a Comment