Showered
Monday, September 6, 2010
Do you ever feel like there is not a way to truly express your gratitude when people do kind things for you? It is as if there are not words sufficient enough in the English language to articulate your true feelings of thankfulness.
This is how I have felt throughout my whole entire pregnancy.
We have been so so so so blessed by our community. Not only in material ways but also in support and encouragement.
As I was going through all our new baby paraphernalia and assessing what else I needed, I was overwhelmed to realize there were only a few more tiny non-essential things I needed to feel like we could actually bring a baby home. I felt the same way after my wedding.
We have been spoiled.
Here we are just two kids and our community comes together to make sure we are more than taken care of in what we might need to make a home and be parents.
There are seriously no words for how overwhelmed with thankfulness there is inside me.
I have had four wonderful showers in the last few months. Many of you have gone to great lengths to make my showers super special, decorated beautifully, and extra tasty. We have baby booty GALORE and people have made great effort in checking in with me, giving pregnancy, birthing and parenting tips, and have helped in so many more ways I can't even begin to mention.
Seattle Shower Pix Here (I sucked at taking pictures at my other showers. Lame of me because they were all really unique. Anyone from my other showers have pictures?)
I sometimes hear people say, "How could you want to bring a child into THIS world?" Sure, we live in a crazy world but I see so much more good than bad around me and it makes me optimistic to bring a baby into the world with all the amazing people we have around us.
So thank you, Community, for being the best ever and loving us so much. We are truly so grateful.
Now... time to meet this dang baby. Get here already you little human!
We are dying to know what you are.
(My dreams of laboring on labor day were shattered after my attempts to bowl with a popping, expired belly did not induce labor. My game was totally off as my center of gravity is all messed up. I had to resort to the granny push and didn't break 50 on my second game. Already making mommy sacrifices! I'm sure I was quite the site.)


4 Comments:
It was an honor to be at your shower. You are very much loved and that little one about to join us is already a joy. Thinking good, easy, not-that-painful birthing thoughts for you!
Sad we missed it but so glad you are in a constant shower of goodness.
Like attracts like and you're bursting with love, so you do the math...
You are my favorite optimist.
Yep.
Do we call it a "shower" because we proverbially sprinkle love and gifts on the mother- or bride-to-be, until she is doused with affection?
I felt the same way with my shower for Mia. Writing thank you cards seemed almost trite-- so many underlines and exclamation points. Words were so insufficient.
We can't wait to meet that dang baby either! (Hope you're in labor right now!)
Post a Comment