Hot Tip

Saturday, January 8, 2011

My friend Eva had a baby a little over a week ago. Remember my labor? Now think of the total opposite story and that was her labor. She was at my house eating dinner, not even having contractions, left in the 9 o'clock hour, and then had the baby at 12:45am. Her whole labor was under 3 hours. She basically sneezed the baby out. It is those Eastern European genes. Rockstar baby maker.

I digress...

She has a toddler and a newborn so of course she needed some grub brought in by the community that loves her. I appreciated my SIL organizing the calendar and all the meals that were brought in post Cash and will forever give back now.

I tried to be all techy and get a google calendar going for everyone to sign up but it wasn't working and then one of her friends tipped me off to this great site called Take Them A Meal (www.takethemameal.com). It is dreamy and slick and saved myself a lot of brain damage.


All you do it enter some general information, it sends an email out to all the peps on your list, and they can sign up for a night. You can send notes on food allergies and whatnot and it even sends reminders once people have signed up for a day so they don't forget. So easy. The site needs some major graphic design love but functions amazingly.

Anyway, thought I would share the love to be used by all RS sisters and dinner-takers alike.

Technology is your friend.

That is all. Good night and good luck.

2 Comments:

CKB said...

LOVE it! Thank you thank you for sharing this site. Very excited about it. I'm going to forward it to the local ward's relief society pres.

Eva said...

Can I tell you that I've never felt more spoiled? Honestly, it's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you so much for setting this up, and now I will forever give back too.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP