Blogging is for Lovers

Monday, February 14, 2011


Hello! Have I told you lately that I love you? Very much in fact.
I like to think of Valentine's Day as a day for love instead of a day for lovers.

This week I got to spend some good time with not one but two friends that I have made through blogging. How fun is that? One friend doesn't blog anymore - wah, wahhh. We had a lovely first time meeting for lunch with a mutual friend while she was in town and it left me wanting more of her. Can't she just start her blog again for me? I know I am not the only one that would be happy to see it resurrected.

The other friend has a booming blog right here and she was in the neighborhood after a photo shoot. We talked life over delicious cupcakes and windy skies.

I am going on 4 years of blogging and pretty much only good has come out of it. No one has robbed my house or taken my children or ran away with my husband. I've made some great friends, started a book club, gotten stellar advice and support, been entertained, laugh, cried, and much more. I even won a book today. Hooray!

I hope blogging isn't dying. Someone said that the other day and even though some of my favorites are slowing down I hope they still pop in so I stay connected with their lives. Do you think blogging is dying? Are you reading less blogs or commenting less? I wonder what the new phase will look like?

10 Comments:

Katie A. said...

I am so jeal of the luncheon. I miss her blogging so dang much, but luckily I get to see and talk to her in real life! It sounds like y'all had a great time!!

bjahlstrom said...

I don't think blogging is dying. I think it is still booming. I believe some people are saying it's dying, or are consciously slowing down, directly BECAUSE OF the boom. There is so much stimuli, so much to read, that it is easy to get addicted and stop living. But when people find their balance and their happy place, they come back to it with a new perspective, because it is one of the best ways to express, to connect, to share your stories.

Amanda said...

I'm pretty sure this lunch date would tell you, were she to be so bold, that she delighted in lunching with you and the other unnamed blogger. She would tell you that you're sort of like sunshine, bottled, then shaken really hard until the top blows off. She'd probably tell you also that your baby is really yummy and he's lucky to have a mom like you. She'd tell you to visit next time you're in her neck of the woods.

She and I are tight like that.

jamie said...

The only issue I have with blogging is the fact that my job is now to search for blogs. It takes the fun out of reading them. Whenever I sit down to look at my fav blogs now, I feel like I'm working. Lame!
But it definitely does not seem like blogging it dying. At least to me it doesn't.

Also I LOVE that print. When we finally buy a house (hopefully soon), I am planning on purchasing one.
You guys are such a talented pair.

Bridget said...

I know that I've slowed down blogging in the last few months. But that has to do more with my personal life right now rather than what I think is a trend. I don't read as many as I used to, either. But that again is due to my personal life and being busy with other things.

I keep my blog for a personal history, so I intend to keep it for a long time to come...even if there are slower periods of my life. That's okay. There will be more prolific ones later.

LSL said...

I've noticed a lot of bloggers quitting as well, and it bums me out even as I understand that it happens. However, I'm not going anywhere!

Happy Valentine's :)

Sizzle said...

Blogging has definitely shifted in the 6 years I've been doing it. I think Twitter and Facebook have a lot to do with that. But I am a tried and true fan of a post that is more than 140 characters or written on a "wall". Long live blogging!

Carrie said...

Well aren't you a sweetie! And you won a book? That is just fab.

It's interesting because I blog MORE than ever before. It has been a transistion in my life...one that has allowed me to make and continue friendships that I wouldn't have otherwise. I'm really grateful for it. (And grateful to know you from it, for sure)

I hate facebook. But you know that;) Ha!

JDM said...

I hope blogging isn't dying. It's such a huge source of inspiration for me. Plus this last week my kids were sick so I guess I needed it more than ever before!
Now that I think about it though I would have to say that I am reading more blogs than ever but with google reader so commenting less. Maybe because it feels like an email.

Lizz said...

I have every intent to resume my blog... I just need to figure out how to give it a facelift because every time i log on,it disrupts my creative aura with it's drabness. I tried blogging from my phone, but couldn't figure out how to get pictures on the posts and a post without pictures, well, talk about drabness.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP