Not Too Shabby Apple

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hello friends. I have some great, great news. So I was contacted by Shabby Apple the other day and this was basically the email convo:

SA: Hey, Aimee we would love to have you give one of our dresses away on your blog.
AH: Uh, yes please!!! .... But are you sure you have the right blog? I wouldn't want to get my hopes up to have them shattered into tiny blogging heart pieces all over my keyboard.
SA: Yes, we are sure.
AH: No, but are you really sure? Because I'm not like a big blogger or anything - no one sends me free stuff and I don't advertise on my sidebar or take pictures of how cool my home looks or report on all the crafty things I do or the fancy food I make and stuff like that.
SA: Yep, your blog fits in our criteria for a giveaway and we would love your readers to have a dress.
AH: Well, thank you very much and I won't ask again, Ms. Not Too Shabby Apple!


:: G I V E A W A Y   T I M E ::

Here is why you should be excited:

1) Your competition will be minimal - Your chances of winning here are probably the best you will ever get when trying to win something more than a cyber hug on the interwebs
2) Have you ever commented on Design Mom or Pioneer Woman? I've almost given up commenting when I see the thousands of comments I have to compete with. The Universe doesn't love me that much. Friends, the Universe loves you on this blog. One of my 10 readers will win a dress. It will happen.
3) I think the dress I picked is super cute for many body types. (Although I would love to see more Plus-Size options so everyone could be looking cute in this dress).
4) Spring is coming and I think this dress would look super cute with some yellow or red shoes with some fun earring and chunky bracelet. I heart you spring.
5) I love the flowers detail
6) It is a free dress that is normally $88. Free. Free. Free.
7) It is from their new South Pacific line and makes me want to go to Hawaii.
8) They just have dang cute dresses and you are this close to having one for yourself

So without futher ado... please meet North Shore.

I think this dress is going to look really good on you.

Give Shabby Apple some thanks by doing the following for me: (These are NOT REQUIRED to enter my giveaway but leaving a comment is required.)

Facebook Me Likey
"Like" Shabby Apple here - come on it is easy to do and they give you links for discounts and what not.

You Deserve a New Dress
Get 10% with Aimee's Mix Tape Discount Code:
aimeesmixtape10off 


Leave a comment below by Monday to win!

Silent readers - now is your chance to come out! 
I'll pick a winner and get the shipping and sizing details.

58 Comments:

Sara said...

Um, I want one! And congrats on your blog success! :)

Unknown said...

That dress is so cute and I could use a free fashion makeover! I also love your cute blog and now I want to come back and read more! -Sara

Jenne said...

I <3 Shabby Apple. It seems like I stalk their site and just look at all the pretty dresses I wish I could look good in. Sometime (maybe soon! with your help) I'll get over my fears and insecurities and actually order one.

Kristin said...

So fun!! Aim this is a major milestone in the blogging universe! Congrats. It's safe for me to say I don't want northshore but NEED northshore (post-bebe of course)

Lisa H. said...

beautiful dress on a beautiful blog. i hope you get one too, aimee!

bjahlstrom said...

Love the color, love the flowers, love how flattering it is...I NEED this dress!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Shabby Apple Dresses! My whole closet would consist of their dresses if I could afford it. :o)

Tiffany said...

They picked the right girl! I'm in like Flynn!

Alana said...

I love Shabby Apple Dresses! My whole closet would consist of their dresses if I could afford it. :o) (Ok I posted this same comment under my husbands google account. He is not the one who would wear the dresses...It would be me!Just thought I would clear that up. ha ha)

JenJustesen said...

How FUN Aimee!! Count me in, I have drooled over Shabby Apple dresses for years, great giveaway!

Alicen said...

I love your blog...I've gained much from your insight over the years. (wow years! lol) Would love a new dress!!!

Hannah said...

Cute! And I have been looking for a dress for the two weddings we are going to this year. This would be perfect! Incidentally, one of the weddings is in BC in August, so we are hoping to see you and Scott and most of all CASH when we stop in Seattle on the way.

JDM said...

Not surprised at all that they asked you!

And please oh please choose me. This dress goes perfectly with my new plan to become stylish!

Unknown said...

Pick me! Pick me!

Love,
Your friend
Arlene Thomas

Camiguin Piper Foster said...

It's my nerdy 30 and I am feeling lucky! love the dress.

Lis said...

Very cute! Lucky you. Fingers crossed!

Heather Maddox said...

Love the color - does it come in maternity? :)

LAINA said...

WOW! What a compliment to get to do a giveaway for them on your blog. I of course would always love to win a new dress, why not.

I will cross my fingers and toes.

Eva said...

Love the dress you picked! Hope I win!!!

*Eva

hannah said...

Lovely giveaway - congratulations!! Hope you get a dress too just for being such a cute host! Fingers crossed.

Unknown said...

Love the dress it is so cute!!!

Stacie said...

Adorable dress! Love the color. I need to check out there web site!

I'm thinking I should be your winner!

Andrea Mouritsen said...

You are now "official". :) Pick me k? Yay!

Lisa said...

And you said the competition would be small...I think I'm #25! I hope I win. If not I still think I need a new dress. Thanks for the discount!

melanie said...

5 readers, Aim? As if. Silence has been broken are you feeling so loved? You should.

I would look hot in that dress and honestly I hadn't heard of Shabby Apple until your blog. LOVE the style, very unique - sure hoping I get to sport that dress!

Carrie said...

Well aren't you just the coolest?

But we already knew that.

YES PLEASE!

Shannon said...

pick me pick me! I'm your sister can you rig who the winner is?

wade said...

Leave me alone girls, the dress is for Brianne...not me.

mel or kel said...

Pick me--I could never spend $80 on a dress--but would love to have one FREE!! Sadly I have turned into an only clearance/best deal ever shopper. Please pick me

Kayleen said...

Looks like you already have more than 10 comments. My odds are already decreased. :) Love your words of wisdom.

Andria said...

I'd love a shot at this dress!

Darcie said...

Remember me, Aimee? I'm Brianne's friend and old companion. I just linked to your site through your comment on Stacie's blog. Sooo glad I did because I'm lovin' this giveaway! You picked a hot dress!

Lindsy Alanis said...

Hey Aimee, I've been reading your blog since being on maternity leave and love it! Especially love hearing about being a mommy because I can relate. Would love a new dress! - Lindsy Alanis

Bardsleyland said...

I probably shouldn't tempt fate for 2 wins in a row, but that dress looks worth it!

Go Aimee's blog!

Amber said...

You're big time now and I love me some shabby apple!

Caitlyn said...

Gotta love giveaways and shappy apple!

Amanda said...

Me likey the Shabby Apple and momma needs a new dress!

Unknown said...

First of all... shut up! 38 comments! You are the next Pioneer Woman :) and second of all, give me the free dress!! If you could pick, you would pick me though, right? :)

Michelle Kelly said...

In the words of this great blogger I know "No wammie, no wammie, no wammie" Pick me please!!

Jill said...

I was just talking about how I could use a "south Pacific" the other day! Pick Me!

Cash is darling by the way, glad you're going for best dressed west of Mississippi, I'm going for least stinky or something like that.

Bridget said...

Um seriously Aimee? You have 43 comments before mine. So my odds of winning have significantly decreased.

Bridget said...

I already "like" Shabby Apple. Does this mean I get an extra entry for it?

Jennifer said...

I feel like the seagulls from Finding Nemo because I want to yell "mine, mine, mine"!

teage-and-erin said...

Choose me! Choose me!!! I need something positive to help me fit back into my old size once baby girl arrives!

Fasterkj@yahoo.com said...

um. you and your blog are TOTALLY legit now! I LOVE to get on the shabby apple website and pick out dresses I would get if I could afford them. Until then, there's always free giveaways on totally legit, WAY awesome blogs;) love you.

ps. im not saying "love you" to brown nose. im saying it because i mean it!

Lizz said...

Crossing my fingers, looking for stars, blowing out candles (actually, just unplugging my scentsy...open flames are a hazard) holding my breath and spinning in circles... I love that dress!!!

Team Jackpot said...

Aimee! (Rushie's exclamation), This is the BIG TIME. Giveaways from amazing fashion lines, that are seeking you out. No surprise though... you are a rockstar! I love the dress that you picked out. Fingers crossed it will be mine. XO

athirtysomething said...

I just found your blog and love it! And this dress!

thebusbyfamily said...

looks like you have waaaayyy more readers than you thought!

Jessie said...

You're right... that dress would look really good on me ;) I think I need it! Pick me!!!

Amie said...

Aimee,

It has been a long time since we were ward buddies in Salt Lake. I will admit I am a silent reader of your blog and I love Shabby Apple... well I love window shopping and wishing I had the money to buy a dress from there. Your family is adorable. It sounds like things are going great for you. I am very happy and exicted for you and all you have accomplished!!!
From a fellow Amie!!

QNC said...

I am officially coming out of the closet as a reader. :) Thanks for having a contest for us! love, Christie

Schoolcraft Stuff said...

This is amazing. The dress is amazing. You're amazing. Winning would be ... amazing.
PS - This is amazing.

Becky said...

Cute. Hopefully you pick me and then when Shannon sees me in it, she will think of you. It's a total win-win.

Allison said...

hope i'm not too late! i'd love the dress!

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

you are more popular than you may think!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP