Happy & Shattered Hearts
Monday, February 7, 2011
A much desired Sunday afternoon nap given to me by my dear father and husband means no sleepy eyes for Aimee at this midnight hour. So I blog.
Feels like old times, eh?
Naptimer pointed out that I happened to forgot a #6 point on my last blog titled "Seven". Go figure? Sorry #6. You will not be forgotten next time.
Today was a good day though. Our little Cash got blessed at church (which is kind of like a manly community prayer for a child) so he is officially a mini Heffernan-style mormon. Shanny's Jacob got blessed too so we got to spend the afternoon eating good food and having conversation with people who love Cash and us. And whom we love back.
Scott, sans a white shirt which he protests, did a great job and pronounced some beautiful words on Cash and I am crossing my fingers what he said will come true because it will mean that Cash will be good at loving people and being kind and having empathy. If we can raise our little dude to have those qualities I will be a proud mom. I said a few words during the meeting about how motherhood has solidified my belief in the eternal nature of our souls (among some other things). Then after the meeting one of the guys in the leadership asked me to talk in church next week.
Note to self: Voluntarily speaking in church may obligate one to officially speaking. Share at your own risk.
In all the hurry this morning, there was only one casuality. My right hand man now looks like this:
Now lets be truly honest, friends. This isn't the first time I have dropped my phone. Oh no it is not. In fact, earlier this week I had a near scare and told myself that this was the week I was going to get a case. I even FB status'd it so it was super official. That was the Universe warning me. Did I listen? Oh no I did not. As I was hustling into my apartment my little precious 3GS took a fall that equally shattered my heart as it did the screen.
Wishful thinking made me believe an upgrade (iPhone 4? Yes, please!) would only cost me $200 but that came crashing down when my friends informed me that is the cost for when someone starts a contract. $450 would be more the number I would be looking at for the upgrade. Wah. Wahhhhhhhhh. So with a hot tip and some yelping I am headed to Jet City Devices to meet Tom for a cheaper repair tomorrow. At least I won't be cutting my fingertips as I play my Words With Friends.
The last thing I want to blabber about tonight is our new video monitor. Now I remember thinking that a video monitor was a
Now I must sleep.



7 Comments:
Aw man, that sucks about your phone! I have a case on mine and still worry it will shatter. I even bought a little leather case for it from etsy but come to think of it I haven't seen it in a couple months. Hmmm. Good luck getting it fixed! Hope it's not too expensive.
I can see why they'd ask you to speak at church. You've got good things to say, my friend.
I just blogged about a cover that we found. I think it might be right up your alley. I like that it's a little different and that it's a pretty clever design. It's one of those things that makes me wish I'd thought of it first. Anyhow, check it out when you're ready. I fully realize this may be too soon. Sorry to hear about the phone.
All of this made me laugh and giggle. Except for the Cash part...that just made me smile. That is cool the cousins were blessed on the same day.
And I hope that it's alright that I still blog stalk you. You are too fun to read. Your witty insights about life and the way you share your honest journey into motherhood have been both comforting and inspiring. How could I ever stop reading?
Tom at Jet City is great. Feels good to be supporting a small business instead of the evil empire too.
So glad you got a nap yesterday. Love that the men in your life know how to take good care of you.
I felt so honored to witness baby Cash's blessing. With parents like you two, he's going to do pretty well in this world.
Aw, the minute I saw that picture I thought: Aimee's now rockin' the iPhone 4! Bummer!
:)
love that Scott also protests the white shirt.
wish i could hear you speak next week.
have been eyeing the iphone 4 as well. att coverage here leaves much to be desired.
Post a Comment