Seven
Saturday, February 5, 2011
A recap of sorts:
01. I just went through the hardest week of motherhood yet. 2 sick boys = very little sleep. I am here to report that we are still alive. Thumbs up to us.
02. When parents would talk of having a sick baby I would feel sad for the sick baby. Now I will feel bad for the sick baby AND the parents. It has a whole new meaning for me now. Can you see my empathy is growing daily. It is. I am learning so much.
03. Scott wins husband/dad of the week award. He had some serious flu symptoms going on and still totally helped me while Cash was sick - even hauled him off to the doctor while having a fever himself. I had a friend on Facebook point out that she didn't think men were capable of caring for a sick child while they were sick themselves. This made me laugh and be thankful that Scott stepped up when I needed him. I probably would've had a melt down without him which continues to affirm my claim that there are great men in this world.
04. This article that was shared by Sizz in her Reader is articulated beautifully and quite nicely sums up many of the feelings I have been having these last 4 months. I am not alone! Did you share that for me, friend? Thank you. I have been feeling stretched in many different directions and having emotions that I hadn't anticipated regarding this whole motherhood/working thing. I am just trying to be patient with myself as many feelings of inadequacy start popping up at times. Oh life; you are a master teacher.
05. The Nose Frida!! The picture below might scare you - which I hope it does because it is a frightening and funny experience and that picture just captures it so nicely.
This little device has revolutionized sucking snot out of baby noses. Since this is the first time Cash has really had some serious snot rather than just boogs I didn't know the gold that lay inside his changing table drawer until this week. The bulb they give you at the hospital just doesn't cut it when you are dealing with some major drainage that causes breathing problems and difficulty sleeping. It seems counter-intuitive and completely awkward to be sucking the snot through a straw but truly it doesn't enter your mouth and you can just keep sucking all you want to get that crappy snot out of your sad, little baby's nose. It is AMAZING. Cash hates it of course but he doesn't know what is good for him. The clean up seems way more sanitary than the bulb too.
Moms and Friends of Moms: Get this product. (And you can trust me because no one pays me to blog and plug their product. I am just giving raw honest to goodness advice here.)
07. I was thinking the other day how this would be the time of year Lost would be in first few episodes of the new season. I really miss that show. I miss the anticipation and the stirring afterward. Why did it have to end? I want to be back on the island with Sawyer and Jack and Hugo Reyes. It was a wonderful escape on my Tuesday night.
The End.



7 Comments:
1&2-Oh man. So sorry you have the sickies over at your house. Sick babies are the worst cause they don't sleep. So sorry for that. Did you ever figure out the sleeping stuff with the neighbor right upstairs? I hope you are getting some rest over there.
5-Only one thing missing from that nose Frida picture-- a screaming, squigling baby trying to escape. Don't know about Cash, but kai is not a fan.
not sure what happened to 6.
7-I absolutely agree. i am enjoying my modern family and trashy reality shows but there is a big gaping hole in my hour-long drama tv need. i have temporarily filled it by taking the advice of friends and getting into "friday night lights". We have all the old episodes on netflix on demand so it is sort of filling the hole, but not really. you miss Sawyer-- i miss Hurleys one liners and being completely Lost. i feel your pain sister.
the end.
I am glad that article spoke to you. It made me think of you and other moms that struggle. I now love that blog. :-) (Like I need another blog to follow!)
You are never alone.
Aimee,
Loved the article, thanks so much. I feel the exact same way, trying to work and be a full time mom and wife. Marcus had a cold/ear infection about 3 weeks ago and I also got sick. Not a good combination. He is just barely getting back to his routine and sleeping well. I had NO IDEA how difficult it would be with a sick baby. Then of course Dave got sick after we got better. It never ends, but like the article said, it's all worth it. We thought about buying one of those nose suction things but didn't, now I wish we had. Thanks for the advice. Love your posts!!
I think it's awesome how your faith in men has been strengthened because of YOUR OWN husband! Now that is a blessing!
I honestly just walked in the door with that nose sucker contraption! The ladies at Village Maternity said it's their best seller, so I thought we better give it a try with Baby #2. Thank you for justifying my purchase! I hope everyone is feeling better!
I loved your seven. I am feeling a little sad about Lost as well. I think I'm going to have to get the Frida.
The nose frida has rocked Sloane's world on a couple of occasions. John thinks I'm a little twisted for how much pleasure I get out of sucking the snot out of our baby, but it so satisfying to get that nasty junk out of your kiddo's system.
Post a Comment