Open Letters: Mommy Matters

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dear Bad Guys & Robbers of Madison Park,

When I said you could steal our car I meant it.


Just leaving us with a broken window is a little weak, don't you think? Glad that you quickly saw that there was nothing.to.steal. Not even my stereo I bought with my saved up change in 1997.

Ugh. 

Next time take it for parts,

Bundled Up While Driving

• • •

Dear Makers of The Ergo Baby,

I love you everyday.


My back, my to-do list, the dishes, the vacuum, my typing hands also love you,

Entering The Attachment Don't-Put-Me-Down Phase

P.S. Orange Bumbo, you are a close tie for baby must-have depending on the moment.

• • •

Dear Julie,

Thank you for being so flexible and patient with us as we figure out this whole work and parenting thing. Cash loves coming to work with me and having naps on your comfty bed next to your warm fire in your lovely house by the ocean.

Then at night when I am rocking my boy I thank you again for providing another comfty soft place again for both of us.

Sometimes I fall asleep and wake up an hour later in this chair around 3am. Always happy Cash hasn't rolled off my lap.

Rock on,

Gratefully Employed

• • •

Dear Jet City Devices,

You really fixed my screen in less than 15 minutes. Saved me some mulah but I guess I will have to wait for the iPhone 4. Or by then maybe iPhone 5?!

No more finger cuts from shattered glass,

Case Purchased

• • •

Dear Double Swaddle System I Learned From My Seasoned Older Sister,

I know it looks as if we put our baby in a double straight jacket before bed but thank you for being so efficient in keeping Cash sleeping nice and tight.
Step 1: Swaddle Design swaddle nice and firm
Step 2: Sealed for tightness with the Summer SwaddleMe Velcro blanket

Will it be awkward if I am still swaddling him this way at 3 years old? Not sure how I am going to transition out of the swaddle. It really does keep his hands out of his face and prevents unnecessary waking up.

No busting out of this one,

The Swaddle Nazis


• • •

Dear Cash,

Why are you so awesome and smiley to everyone? Are you trying to win Baby of the Year? You are a charming little one. We are glad you are feeling better and can't believe we have managed to not completely screw up in these 5 months.

You love having your face tickled when you are falling asleep and the way you turn your face up to indicate you want more tickles melts my new mommy heart.


Evolution knows what it is doing,

Love being your mom, Cashey.

11 Comments:

Bridget said...

Sorry about your car. That's gotta be a huge hassle.

I met an Albanian family several years ago and saw how they swaddled their children. I'm not sure how old the little girl napping was...but walking and beginning stages of talking...she grabbed this longer than all get out cloth (maybe 10 feet long) and brought it to one of her sisters. The sister wrapped her up nice and tight like a mummy and put her to bed. She couldn't sleep without being swaddled.

Sizzle said...

You got your window broken? Damn it. That is awful! :( Just take the whole car, you turds!

I hope to see Cash soon as he appears to be growing so fast. Such a cutie.

rc said...

That pic of Scotty and Cash is so frickin' cute. Love those boys.

Car bashing tweakers? Not so much.

bjahlstrom said...

He is just too good lookin'. Scott, too. That chair looks like the one in my mom's living room. The one that has been re-covered thrice since our childhood.

jamie said...

I need to learn from your iphone experience and get my self a cover. I am so surprised my screen hasn't shattered with all the times I have dropped that phone.

Also, sorry about your car. That is just annoying.

jamie said...

also, nice job on the giveaway . i wish i could send you a free dress as part of it.

jamie said...

also, nice job on the giveaway . i wish i could send you a free dress as part of it.

Carrie said...

are you trying to get my knocked up by referencing all this cute baby stuff + smiles and new baby motherly adoration?

Sorry about your car. That sucks.

LSL said...

I can't believe your car!!! You guys have the worst car karma. I am so sorry. I was actually thinking of you about 5 seconds before this post came through my reader and couldn't believe your luck. I hope things look up in the car department soon :)

P.S. We used to swaddle the nephews and I loved the first few times we'd go into their room in the morning and find a lone arm or leg sticking out of the swaddle. They were determined!

Lisa said...

How come I have to look at your blog to find out you had a break-in!? Let's talk more. Also, thanks for giving me props on the swaddle technique.

MelancholySmile said...

Is it wrong that I laughed at the car story? If so, it's only because I completely identify. I've taken to leaving our car unlocked in parking lots in the hopes that I'll return to find it stolen. Unfortunately, even bad guys can see that the bumper is falling off and the paint is peeling. They take one look and move on to greener pastures. Sorry about the window, though. :(

I miss swaddling! Baby R has moved past that and is now a tummy sleeper. Did you ever find a way to get him to sleep longer than 3 hours? If so, do share. ;)

PS- Just realized you guys are the ones that own Poprocks Design. I totally have you on my Etsy Favorites list! Small world.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP