Powers

Monday, March 7, 2011

You guys aren't going to believe what happened.

Remember my upstairs neighbors? Well I was getting a feeling like something fishy was going on up there and then on Sunday when I was taking out the garbage I saw one of those moving POD's outside and got the sneaking suspicion that they were moving?! Yes, indeed they were.

  
I began to think:
Do I have psychic powers and wished this move to happened?
It had crossed my mind multiple times how dreamy it would be to have no one living up there.
Oh crap, what if they really are moving because of Cash?
Maybe operation sleep through the night can actually happen now?!
Is my mind that powerful?
Am I using my powers for good or evil?

I tried to cross paths with them and finally just ended up deciding to go to their POD because I didn't want our awkward neighborly relationship to end crunchy. I don't even know them but whether real or imagined, crunchiness isn't good for my soul.

He and his mom were in the POD rearranging and what not.

This is how the convo went down: 
Aimee: "_____ (insert his name), are you guys moving?"
Him: Yeah, we are.
Aimee: "Are you moving because... of my baby?"
They both laughed.
Him: "No, no. We hardly hear your baby. I got a job that is a really good opportunity in Chicago."
Aimee: "I know you are lying about hearing him but thank you anyway. [insert name], do you want to have babies someday? Because if you do I want to wish you really good karma because of what you had to deal with living above a newborn. Someday down the road, when your baby is crying in the middle of the night, just know that I am out there sending you good parenting energy."

We went back and forth for a minute and they were very kind and made me think that perhaps they hadn't hated us all these months. In the end, I do really wish good karma on them when they have a baby.

Come to find out he is the writer, they are newly married, and they met in Chicago not WSU so I was wrong on just a few counts. I'm sure all the other details I made up about them are right though.  {wink}. We went 10 months without seeing "she". Which further confirms my hunch on the agoraphobia problem.

Unfortunately for the Cash man it is time for some tough sleeping love. No more stifling your every-2-hour-middle-of-the-night cries because of the neighbors, Mister.

And on another note. Here are some sweet pictures of my worst fear:
Cats raining from the sky, landing on my back, and embedding their claws into my skin.
Frightening. 

I'll use my new found power to make sure THIS doesn't ever happen.


10 Comments:

Unknown said...

awww, cute kittens :)

Good luck Cash man!!! Go easy on your mom and dad.

jamie said...

Cats raining from the sky. Hilarious.

Humanist mom said...

Bahahahaha, I totally just laughed out loud at that. Cat's and their damn claws.

Sizzle said...

Here's hoping the next neighbors are as understanding. Fingers crossed!

Question: How does an agoraphobe meet someone and get married? Sincerely. Aren't they too fearful to leave the house on a date? I'm curious!

Stacie said...

Please let me know how "project sleep through the night" goes! I'll be very anxious to hear!

Lizz said...

Yes, hoping the new neighbors take a two week vacation before moving in so you don't stress and so your family can get some sleep!(?)

naptime nostalgia said...

I am so happy for you! Getting more sleep for everyone is going to prove priceless!

Bridget said...

Best wishes on closing the midnight cafeteria. You will love it. But it will be hard in the beginning.

Carrie said...

You never fail to make me laugh.

And they are totally moving because of you.

Totally;)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP