Scents & Swings

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cash Hartman is 6 months old in less than 2 hours. Half a year. He is seriously the best ever. I know I've said this before but you love your own kid so much more than you could ever imagine. People warned me but I didn't get it. 
We pretended it wasn't winter today and actually got the first smell of spring on our afternoon walk. This is my top three favorite moments of spring. The first, anticipatory, sugary smell silently calling to me and teasing me of what is to shortly come. I delight in walking outside and the wind blows up the sweet smell of blossoms and happiness and sunshine and freedom. There is so much meaning in the smell. I love the spring. I want to marry it and never have it leave me. I would be a jealous and possessive wife. I would. I would.

Blue skies ahead, my friends.

: : The St. Patty's Day Swing Ride : :
 
Do you see more Aimee or Scott in this kid?

12 Comments:

Kristin said...

I can't believe he is 6 months old--wowsers and yes, somehow they make it in to your heart, fill the whole thing up and make life better than you could have ever imagined. I always go back and forth with this little man but I think in these pics he's looking more like The Aim.

bjahlstrom said...

Can a baby be any cuter? I see both. You both have rosebud lips, and you gave it to him.

Tiffany said...

He is beautiful. And you are such a sweet mama. I love reading your thoughts. Takes me back.

Sizzle said...

I see more of you in him each time you post a photo but to me, Scott is still dominant in his face.

Spring is my favorite too.

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Scott! But there is something distinctly Aimee about him! Can't believe it is 6 months! He is adorable! So happy for you guys!

Shannon said...

1/2 a year old. so bittersweet.

i think he looks a lot like his aunt shanny :)

LAINA said...

6 months! That is crazy! What a fun stage. Sitting up, trying new foods. I felt like I had my life back again once Hobbes hit 6 months. It was magic to me.

I think he looks a lot like Scott.

Jenn said...

I took Caleb to the park and on the swings yesterday too. How funny. I, too, LOVE the spring. The way you describe it is the way I feel about the beginning of fall (my absolute fave).

I see Scott. Lotsa Scott.

MAB said...

Oh, kill me with cuteness! I see mostly Scott with a little Aimee.

And yes, yes, yes to Spring!

Bridget said...

Scott...but these things can change. Kids usually get cuter and cuter and as such, he will most definitely end up looking more like you. :o)

Jeni Angel said...

Before I even saw your question I thought "Man, Cash sure looks like Scott" So, that answers that!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP