The Giver of the Happy Gene (among other things too...)
Sunday, July 31, 2011
I just got back this morning from a weekend with my Dad's family to celebrate the life, love, and death of my grandma Helen White. She has 9 children, 9 in-laws, 42 grandchildren, and 71 great-grand children. That is quite the posterity. People don't make families like that anymore. It was an amazing, therapeutic, exhausting time to remember her with everyone. It was two short, quick days that felt like a weeks time.
One of my cousins shared that she was making my grandma's rolls the night after her death and she felt as if it was a sacrament; an act that my grandma had done over and over to give her love to her loves. Making rolls will never be just that anymore. I will always know my grandma is there in spirit and the essence of her lives in me as I create the perfection that is her rolls for my loves.
My grandma gave me the "happy gene"and I am forever blessed that she is part of me.
Enjoy this sweet movie my cousin Jason made. (He is brilliant. Check out his biz here.) The way that my grandma looks at my grandpa got me weepy multiple times this weekend. She was truly crazy for this man. I love the way they loved each other.


10 Comments:
Not only do you have your grandmother's happy gene but you will carry her smile with you forever. I love it!
You can see it in the left hand side photo (striped shirt) of the last 2 photos of the tribute. Her smile is the same one that you have in your "me and Scotty hotty" photo on your sidebar.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and also for posting the link to her tribute. What a powerful legacy she leaves with you and your family as well as countless other lives she blessed in her lifetime.
Such a beautiful tribute. I love the focus at the first on her and her sweet husband. What an example. So glad she passed her happy genes on to you!
I can see her in you. I'm sure she's so proud that you carry on so many of her wonderful attributes.
xoxo
Wow. What an incredible woman and an incredible life and an incredible family! It's no wonder your one of her's.
xxox
-Brooke
what a cool woman. i definitely see a little of you in her face (or should i say a little of her in yours?).
xoxo
I think you get a lot of things from her. I can really see the resemblance in her younger pictures. It looks like she spread the love where ever she went. That reminds me of you too. xoxo
What a beautiful woman! Her joy and love just radiates from her. I can see a lot of her in you, even in some facial expressions. You were blessed to be born of her.
Aimee I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was an amazing woman and Grandmother! I love her sense of humor in your last post, and the video had me in tears.
xoxo
It's amazing how people can truly influence and shape our lives. And then even more powerful when they continue to do so once they're no longer with us. I'm sorry Aim for the physical separation. I hope you and your family will be okay.
What an amazing tribute! And you know your Grandma and Our Bennett share a favorite song (You Are My Sunshine). How special.
I just made a connection. Do you have an uncle that lives Bountiful (he has white hair) with a wife with brown hair? I saw them repeatedly in the video. Anyhoo, we went to a business events (The Bees Baseball Game) recently and met/sat by them. They are the most amazing people! We came as strangers and left friends. I only wish we would have made the connection while we were there! What a small world!
Post a Comment