There's An App for That
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
And here we go again...
Thank heavens there is an app for that or else how else would I know little Heff #2 is joining the family?! Thank you, iPhone for keeping track of all the important life stuff. How did we function before you were invented? {insert valley girl toned, sarcastic font}
13 weeks and counting. Dreamy second trimester here I come...
And just so you don't have to ask in the comments:
Yes, it was planned.
They will be 18 months apart.
Due end of Feb. (It is a leap year. Eekk!)
Yes, we are crazy so no need to give me that look through your computer screen of are-you-crazy?!
I have been seeing that look a lot lately and it is not helping so STOP IT.
I mean it.
I see you out there giving that look.
I am reframing by telling myself it will be "happy chaos" for a few years and then I will just force them to play with each other so I can parent from my favorite chair, read books, and take cat naps.
I mean, I will have deserved it by then, right?
My pregnancy has been pretty mild like last time. Can't complain because I know too many women that have it much harder than me. (Just
We are not sure if we are going to find out the gender this time.
I am leaning for finding out but I could change my mind.
Surprises are fun.
But knowing is good too perhaps.
Hmmm? What to do? What to do?
I am keeping my heart and body open to try for a VBAC. I found a doctor (since the UW midwives are moving and can't do VBACs anymore) that is super great and is willing to give it a try if the baby doesn't want to cook forever like Cash did.
I am whispering "spontaneous labor, spontaneous labor" to the mini human daily hoping it will get the hint before 41 1/2 weeks.
Happy VBAC vibes and encouragement are welcomed.
I am working through my labor fear from my trauma of Cash's adventure.
I need a birthing therapist.
I am also open to changing my mind and having this baby cut out of me because I have learned that there is no shame in a c-section.
Take that homebirth moms. {insert playful wink to my homebirth mamas}
We are looking to move soon before I am too big so we have walls of our own.
You know how I feel about walls of my own.
I can't wait to have them and give them a big hug.
And a dishwasher.
And a washer and dryer.
Can you tell I am ready?
If you, or someone you know has a 3 bedroom house for rent in the greater Seattle area that is calling our name please send me the info.
We are really nice and clean.
I promise.
It is late and I am sleepy. Just wanted to share the news and say "hi. I miss you."


32 Comments:
Yeah for Baby Heff 2!!
Lovely, lovely news. I'm sending smooth labor and lucky house-hunting vibes your way.
Oh, and I miss you (and your blog) too!
Congrats Aimee!! I was so happy and surprised to see you announcing another little one but you two are amazing parents, why not just have a dozen!!
Congrats Aimee! Such wonderful news. Having your kids so close in age is GREAT! I wouldn't do it any other way.
Yay! I'm really excited for you! And maybe a tiny bit jealous, while at the same time not jealous at all. :) But really, that is my current dilemma...when to do this whole baby thing all over again. You will have to keep us posted about how it goes. And YES MA'AM you will be getting LOTS of positive VBAC thoughts coming your way from me. Congratulations!
CONGRATS!!! Woohoo. You aren't crazy- you can totally handle it! And I am so retired but if you need to talk through your birthing fears with a "therapist" (hahaha) I am here! I can totolly relate :) So happy for you.
Ok so I am so excited for you. (This may be long...) I have a friend a friend and a cousin who's first two babies are 18 months apart. And although they did express chaos as first, they enjoy that their kids are so close and such good friends. I understand that you get looks though. I mean I get looks and Hobbes and Alice are 23 months apart.
As for VBAC. I will send the positive vibes your way. I have a friend who a year ago had twins the vaginal way after having her first c-section. So it is very very possible.
Hope this labor and delivery goes swimmingly well for you.
I am excited for your #2.
This is the best news all week! Congrats Aim! 18 months apart, although hard at first, is the perfect split in my opinion. Thing 1 and Thing 2 are 18 months apart, and it has been awesome. Such great news!
Congrats!! I had a feeling this news was coming ;)! Now we HAVE to get together since our babies will be so close in age. Thanks for not making me feel so crazy about having mine 20 months apart! I think 18 months will be great, the more I read about close spacing the more relaxed I feel, its a good thing.
My sis and I are only 21 months apart. At least they won't be in the same class but can still share friends. That's what we did!
I'm super excited for you. :-)
P.S. My word verification is "pukerima". HA.
I am pretty happy about this.
Aimee! Congrats!
(To be honest I was looking at you like you were crazy through my computer and I did deserve the reprimand, so ok, touche.)
Good luck! It's gonna be amazing!
This is AWESOME news! I will be on the lookout for houses in our area and hoping to see your lovely face soon.
xo
Kelly
YAY! I love how you announce things. Makes me want to be creative or something. Mainly something;)
And of course you are crazy. Otherwise there would be no Mothers!
You are pregnant!
Whatever the age distance it's chaos so just jump into it all!
Hoping the house hunting is over and you get the house that is 3 minutes from my house! Wouldn't THAT be a dream come true!
Sisters!
Oh man! That is fantastico! So happy for the fam, let's get together soon!
xo
Congrats Aimee! I'm super happy and excited for you! Honestly, I love love LOVE finding out that other mothers out there are "crazy" enough to have their children super close together. We're expecting again and are due the end of November. Yup, they'll be only 15 months apart, so how's that for crazy?
And fingers crossed for VBAC!
I am glad to hear your pregnancy is going well. It IS busy the first year with 2 so close in age (my two boys are 16 months apart) but I love how well they play together now. They are great friends.
VBAC is definitely possible. My midwife helped a lady have a VBAC this spring who had her previous 5 children via c-section! She has many stories like this. I wish you the best in whatever you choose. :o) What an awesome time of life.
Congrats! I'm so happy for you! My brother just above me is 17 months older than me and he was awesome and protective.
YAY! You aren't just crazy, you are officially CRAY CRAY! Honestly though, my sister and I are 18 months apart and we are unbelievably close so you know they will be great siblings and best friends in life.
Good luck on your VBAC or CAC (I just made that up). How exciting!!!
Congratulations! I am not kidding your's is the fifth pregnancy I have heard about in the last 24 hrs! Nuts! Look like there was indeed some summer lovin' happening :) I will have you know your announcement was by far the most creative and informative of them all. Hoping for a lovely birth experience for you.
Congratulations! Yea for baby number 2. Life will be crazy and they will have fun and it will all be good. And yes, I am blog-stalking you and it is super fun. In case you ever want to blog-stalk me we hang out at: gouldennugget.blogspot.com
Congrats Ms. Mix Tape (and family)!!! My sister and I are 19 months apart and my Mom didn't seem to think it was too insane (and once my sister stopped hating me for always wanting to borrow her clothes...and we grew up a bit) we became best of friends.
I think your timing is PERFECT because it's your timing --obviously it's right! (And I love that you said "Yes, it was planned.") So awesome. Our little ones will just be 3 months apart.
And I am sending you lots of positive birthing love: Lakshmi (the creative feminine goddess) and Ganesh (the remover of obstacles). Just a little Yoga love there for you...
Oh and we are hoping for a VBAC too. Have you been on the ICAN website? http://www.ican-online.org/ (It's the International Cesarean Awareness Network.) Pretty cool). My doula told me about it... I've also been reading Jennifer Block's "Pushed" which is so informative, but at the same time is kind of hard to read because of my frustrations with how things went for us with L&D ROund one.
Oh why oh why are my comments in your blog always 12 paragraphs?!?!?
ANYWAY-
Just really wanted to say congrats and how excited I am for you and I know this birthing experience is going to be blessed and amazing!
Congratulations! I, too, love the way you broke this news :o). I'm glad you found a doctor for a VBAC! I truly truly truly hope that you have a smoother birthing experience this time around.
Aimee, I am sorry if I ever gave you that look. I hope I didn't. I may have, and not even realized it. You know my face is as transparent as saran wrap. If I did, which I probably did, just know that I was probably just projecting my own struggles. You are going to rule it as a mom of 2!
I can't be happier that you are joining the double baby club! I want nothing more than all my friends to have lots of lots of babies so we can share our experiences, support each other and play lots. Hurray for baby Heff #2!
Congratulations Aimee! You are a brave mama that will handle/manage/tackle/LOVE two babes under 2 perfectly!
ZERO shame to be a part of the c-section club...I'd do it 100 times over if necessary for the safety of myself or my child :)
CONGRATS cute Aimee! We are thrilled for you guys. Love you lots!
Yay for little person #2!!!
Im soooo excited for you guys. I vote for not finding out. Im a sucker for that.
Wish I was there to see your belly grow.
Love ya
Congratulations!! People like you that produced such cute babies shouldn't wait longer ;)
Try and hold out until that wee one is born to find out the gender. I knew with my first two (both girls) and opted to wait for number three (my little boy) it was awesome. If I were going to have more kiddos, I would wait again. In my opinion, even though it is hard to do, is soooooo worth the surprise entrance into the world.
Melissa
Holy shitballs! Congratulations! My sister and I are 18 months apart. We tried to kill each other daily growing up (sorry), but we have been the absolute best of friends since she moved out for college 25 years ago. I think it's wonderful :)
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and the entire Heff clan! I say the world needs more Heffs, so have as many as you can as fast as you can! :)
a little late to read the news, but that's pretty awesome news and an awesome app too.
congrats.
wish i could tell you this in person...CONGRATS!
Post a Comment