Home Sweet Home
Thursday, December 1, 2011
We got our keys tonight. Driving to MY home knowing I was going to walk through the door and have it be ours was surreal. Truly I didn't expect to own a house for a few more years so it all feels so meant-to-be. This box of love from Heather was there to greet us.
We just hung out in our space for an hour and let it soak in. Wandering around from room to room without feeling like intruders. There is lots of work to get done in the next few days (and beyond- anyone up for taking down some granny wallpaper and eagle wall hanging?!) so I was trying to just enjoy the emptiness for a moment.
Our first home. Weird. And exciting.
So much possibility. Do we look like grown ups now?! We had to make it official with our first family photo in the house. Cash is overjoyed you can clearly see.
Everyone always remembers their first home purchase. Now we get our memory.
Hello first home. Please be good to us.
Come on over soon, won't you?!




14 Comments:
Awww, that picture makes me so happy!
Welcome home!
I am so thrilled for you guys. I can't wait to see it! And sincerely, if you need help with any improvement projects, you know how I love those. I'm super handy when it comes to decorating, design, doing things on the cheap, painting and what have you. Please let me know.
Loves it.
I am excited for my first night of talking into the wee hours in your living room.
I think you should keep the eagle. It's pretty bad ass.
So cool. Cash is cute.
So exciting! Congrats!
Wow, so excited for you! You guys look you belong there. Can't wait to see it! Congrats, home owners!
Congratulations!
Congrats!!! What an awesome feeling to have your own home (I cannot wait so I am a bit jealous, actually).
I hope it sinks in soon and you ease into your new home. You should run around and yell in each room just because you have no shared walls now!
I am SO happy for you. And I can't wait to meet it;)
So excited for you guys! Hoping we can make another trip our to see it someday!
Congratulations! Your first Christmas there will be oh-so-sweet! Have fun making it YOURS!
so exciting! congrats!
Yay!!! Congrats! Isn't it so great that life keeps giving us chances to have firsts? So excited for this first for you guys, it'll be perfect.
Congrats! How exciting! We have been in our first home for one year and it has been so peaceful to know we will be here for many years. Cash is adorable!
Post a Comment