New Chapters
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Soooo we got the house! Closing date is November 28th and our fingers are crossed that everything goes smooth with the loan and that we are in our new space come December. I can already see the Christmas tree all lit up in the front window. A Christmas tree of our very own. Gee Whiz. I am so excited. We have a lot of cosmetic updates to do but we have plenty of time to make it ours. Perhaps it will give me good blog material as we transform the granny feel of the house into something of our own. Stay tuned my friends. I will probably be asking for lots of tips along the way. We are not handy.
Dish washer, washer and dryer, and our own walls. OH MY! I will never take living in a house for granted again. That being said, I have loved living here in the Madison Park area and despite the stress I feel sharing walls with people while raising a baby/toddler it has been a fun chapter in our history to live in these charming apartments. It was the space I brought my first baby home and became a mom. Every time I drive over the 520 bridge I will look at these apartments and fondly remember our time here. Goodbye Edgewater. You have been good to us but it is time we move on.
I hadn't mentioned this before on the blog but Scott got his dream job back in September. He is working for a company called Accouterments aka Archie McPhee. For those of you that are not local or not aware of Archie, it is a novelty company that sells just weird stuff. I'm not sure I even really know how to explain it to people when they ask so you can see their website here for a flavor. It speaks for itself. And here is a news spot done by Evening Magazine to see what Scott does on a daily basis. He is on the creative team so he participates in the brainstorm meetings highlighted in the video. Fun, right?! Scott loves toys and has sort of a weird sense of humor so it is a perfect fit and I couldn't be happier to see him thriving.
In other news, as I had always hoped for myself when I finally bought a house, I have been thinking of ways I could justify buying myself one of these Japanese toilets that I heart. I bet if I had one of these babies you would definitely want to come over for a dinner party, no?! While peeking at their website to remember the cost so I could get serious about this plan to get one, I saw they had a new video explaining their new technology "Pure Stream". I will share the video below. After seeing this, I'm sure you too will be convinced that I need to have one of these of my very own. Come on over and play and you too can feel "true cleanliness and smoothness like never before." ;) Now if I could just rationalize $650 for this fresh feeling...



9 Comments:
Costco has a bidet seat for $150. It's awesome. Just plug in behind toilet.
I love that this is your big wish. :-)
YAY for the house. So excited!
I'm not sure how I feel about this advertisement. That said, however, I really think you need one.
Miyabi (sushi restaurant near Southcenter) has these toilets and I go into the bathroom to use them every time! I then proclaim to Tyler when I sit down that "we're getting one". I am on your side. Team Pure Stream!
Congrats on the house! Here is a fun way to pay homage to your apt and where you brought Cash home to in your new house: http://www.everythingfab.com/2010/04/diy-project-repurposing-your-maps.html
Yessss! Congrats, Heffs! You crack me up.
Can you believe we're real adults and not just high schoolers who think we are?
Adulthood. What the cuss. Totally hilarious.
Excited to make some memories in your new digs.
Okay-- Those toilets kinda freak me out. Especially the part about helping with the constipation--which makes me think--how strong is the water pressure on that baby? heehee.
YAY for a house. Do we get invited over for a housewarming dinner? I'll help you paint a room!
I think I'd take Carrie up on her offer. And just so you know, everybody doing VBACs has a Pure Stream. I'm pretty sure they qualify for your health care flex spending account. Drop the taxes out of the equation and you can't afford not to get one!
Congratulations! That is super exciting. And exciting that Scott has the job of his dreams and you have baby 2 on the way and life is just becoming comfortable. That sounds nice.
OK, that commercial kills me, along with rc's comments. Also you crazy Heffernans and your fancy toilet aspirations.
Hoping all your dreams come true!
Post a Comment