Long Time No See

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hello there. (She says shyly, raising her shoulders awkwardly.)

Remember me? I am the one that use to own this space. Here let me refresh your memory.

I am not going to go on and on about why I haven't blogged. I just haven't so we'll just get on with it, okay? I am in the mood to blog some so I'm just going with it.

Currently, I am 39 weeks and 2 days pregnant. How in hell's name did I ever go 42 weeks last time? All that hippie birthing talk must of really increased my patience because now I am super over it. Particularly the stuffy nose, heart burn and THE PRESSURE. (You know what I'm talking about.) It is natures way of getting me out of denial and into facing the fact that this nameless child will be joining the family. C-secction is scheduled for March 2nd unless I magically get all soft and squishy down there and my cervix decides to not be a scaredy cat and heads down south, then, and only then, will the baby escape the knife. I am feeling peace about the whole thing. My uterus is a bit of a concern being that it was plum-tuckered out last time and refused to contract back. Situational or hereditary? Not sure. I got at least one more baby that needs to be housed in there so I am feeling protective of her (my uterus that is) so I just am setting any expectations free and going with whatever comes. Without fail this will be a better labor than last time, right. Right?! Send good love my way, please.

We have a house. We really do. It is ours and I love every little 1971 piece of it. It hasn't gotten old to me yet. And even though home ownership has some burdens I wouldn't trade it for anything. We are working on updating the rec room which is the room we spend most our time in. I came home from work Saturday and the color went from a buzzing puke yellow to a delicious light grey. It was the highlight of my week. I am dead serious. It will be so fun to see this room be done. We will have you over for a party or something. We get our new couch tomorrow and the carpet and new tile is all picked out. In no time it will fee like ours. Happiness.
Tonight Cash was in such a sweet, chatty, sing-y mood and I got all melancholy about our last few moments of just the three of us. I had the same feeling when we were having him. I was sad to have the two of us (Scott and I) get all changed up. Veteran Moms, will I feel this with every baby? I am slightly jealous of my oldest sister because I realize the special place the first born has in your heart and therefore my parents heart regarding my sister. Clearly my parents love me tons and tons but there is just something so vulnerable and raw with your first born. Will I love this one as much or is it just different? I hear your heart just grows bigger with each kid and I am hoping that is true.

And, you really should start using Instagram. It is all the craze and where I am updating much better than this space. My username is aimeeheff. Hit me up if we aren't following each other. I would love to see what is going on in your world.

Next Up: A new little baby boy Heffernan. Stay tuned...

10 Comments:

Lisa H. said...

I wish your cervix and my cervix could negotiate something since it seems they have the exact opposite problem! I hope you have a speedy recovery and all is well with the new Hefferdude. We love you and are thinking about you!

Tiffany said...

Rooting for you, your cervix, your lovely new house, your growing family, and all your Instagrams. Please, Universe, let us bump into each other someday, cause I think you're just grand.

Sizzle said...

Yay for a blog appearance from you!

Can't wait to meet little Heff 2. I'm not a mom yet but I bet your heart just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Come on cervix! Come on uterus!

bjahlstrom said...

That little curly head is just so dang cute.

Erin said...

Amy - your boy is gorgeous! Love his locks and his little cap. Congrats on the new house and congrats on the upcoming arrival of baby #2 - Best of luck with a easy and quick delivery/surgery :)

Brooke said...

Can't wait! (and I love keeping tabs on you through all-things-innerweb/technology)

Love love.
-B

Eva said...

I remember feeling bittersweet too about the last few days of just Finn and I. It really is a special time, that is only to be replaced by an even more special time. You're so close! I will be thinking about you every day!

Lindsay said...

I remember when I ended up being induced 3 weeks early with Indie..I was so sad. I had all these plans to spend time with just Izaiah and I. I had the same fears. Would I love her like I live him. I do..Its true, your heart just grows bigger. I am thankful for that. Good luck. Cant wait to see this new baby.

Bridget said...

I didn't understand love when I was pregnant with #2. I didin't think I could love the new one like the first one. Boy was I ever wrong. And actually, #6 is pretty darn special to me and cuddles a lot. So, yeah, she's the favorite right now. She never talks back or sneaks into anything. ha haha

bjahlstrom said...

What is your new baby's name? It's about time you post on here!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP